Tune-up Your Teeth with a Comprehensive Smile Makeover
We see many patients who are in good oral health, but would like to see a cosmetic improvement in the appearance of their teeth and gums. Dr. Teddi Olszewski offers comprehensive smile makeover treatments to address your aesthetic concerns at her Northampton, MA, practice. For more information about how a smile makeover can add to your quality of life, contact us today.
Smile Makeover: An Overview
A smile makeover combines one or more dental procedures to cosmetically enhance your smile. Dr. Teddi will collaborate with you to determine which treatments will best address your specific concerns, and create a comprehensive plan that is custom-tailored to your needs.
Your smile makeover treatment will begin with a thorough consultation with your dentist. Dr. Teddi will go over your medical history and conduct a complete oral examination to determine your candidacy. She will discuss your aesthetic goals and explain which procedures will be most appropriate for your unique case. Dr. Teddi will provide physical or digital mock-ups of what you can expect your teeth to look like after treatment.
Because each makeover is customized to each patient’s goals, the timeline depends upon the specifics of your treatment plan. The schedule may be extended if Dr. Teddi recommends preparatory procedures such as deep cleaning, root canal therapy, or fillings before beginning the treatment.
Your customized treatment plan can combine cosmetic procedures for a beautiful smile makeover:
- Teeth whitening: This treatment is a quick and convenient method of brightening your teeth with a bleaching agent. Teeth whitening may be administered as either an in-office or at-home treatment.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are custom-made to mask and enhance the front teeth. These lifelike restorations can conceal discoloration, close gaps between teeth, and improve the appearance of crooked teeth, dramatically changing patients’ smiles while keeping the natural shape and color of their teeth.
- Dental bonding; A composite resin that is used to conceal a number of different aesthetic flaws, bonding can correct chips, fill in gaps, or sculpt disproportionately shaped teeth.
- Gum contouring: Gum contouring can reshape and remove small portions of gum tissue. This treatment can even out the gum line or remove excess tissue for a less “gummy” smile.
- Tooth reshaping: This procedure removes tiny amounts of enamel to reshape the teeth.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign® is a series of transparent alignment trays that gently straighten the teeth. For more severe misalignment issues, traditional orthodontics may be a more suitable option.
- Tooth-colored fillings: A more aesthetic solution for minor tooth decay or damage, these fillings blend in seamlessly with your tooth. We can also replace noticeable silver amalgam fillings for a more natural-looking smile.
- Porcelain crowns: A porcelain crown can repair or replace a damaged or missing tooth for beautiful cosmetic results.
Contact Us Today
Dr. Teddi understands the importance of educating you on your treatment options so your smile can look its very best. Reach out today for more information on the benefits of smile makeovers or to set up a consultation.